Free dementia training workshops from Home Instead
Home Instead Senior Care are once again offering free dementia training sessions for family carers and those who come into contact with people with dementia through their work.
The training workshop consists of one 2 hour session covering:
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias – gives participants a good basic understanding of the condition, its symptoms and impact on behaviour.
- Capturing Life’s Journey – introduces the benefits of recording information about the life of the person and shows how this can be used to provide high quality care.
- Techniques to Manage Behaviours – demonstrates how some understanding together with a number of simple techniques can have a very positive impact on the individual and carer alike.
- Activities to Encourage Engagement – provides understanding, ideas and techniques to help the carer engage the person with dementia.
The workshops are run from the Home Instead Senior Care training suite in Norwich and are free of charge.
Places are limited to provide a friendly, comfortable and welcoming environment.
Workshops are being run on the following dates:
- Wednesday 12th February at 18:00
- Thursday 5th March at 14:00
- Tuesday 14th April at 18:00
- Wednesday 6th May at 14:00
- Tuesday 2nd June at 10:00